The Iowa Association of Legal Assistants.Paralegals (IALA) is
pleased to be able to provide a site on which attorneys may post
job openings/employment opportunities for paralegals and legal
you are currently looking for someone to fill a job opening in
your office, please send a request
postings will be maintained on our website for 3 months unless
the opening passes a published expiration date or we are informed
that the opening has been filled.
a courtesy to the attorneys that the Iowa Association of
Legal Assistants.Paralegals supports, we are pleased to also provide postings
for support staff other than paralegals and legal assistants. Please
scroll to the bottom of the page for this information.
Paralegal & Legal Assistant
Job Openings - Employment Opportunities
Litow & Pech, P.C.
505 33rd Ave SW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404
With Offices in Iowa, Missouri & Nebraska
PARALEGAL: Full-time, Must be available between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30
Litow & Pech, P.C is looking for a full-time paralegal to work in our fast paced litigation department. Duties will focus on litigation support for our Missouri counsel and case work. Paralegal Studies Degree or equivalent preferred, but not required. Legal secretary or paralegal experience is a
- Prepare legal arguments, draft pleadings and motions at the direction of attorneys
- Communicate with court and clients on a daily basis
- Organize and track case files
- Preparation of discovery documents
- Work with clients to obtain the proper affidavits and organize legal documents
- Investigate cases/Legal Research
- Prepare Trial materials for Attorneys who may be located remotely
- Prepare and package attorney mail and court mail daily
Litow & Pech P.C. is a casual office environment with a dedicated staff working cooperatively with attorneys and clients. The candidate must be able to multi-task and keep organized. The position requires the ability to work with confidential matters. A comprehensive benefits package is offered.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to Ashley at email@example.com
Litow & Pech, P.C.
505 33rd Ave SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
|Legal Administrative Assistant
The qualified applicant would have corporate, business experience, preferably in a law firm. The position requires excellent written/oral communications and strong technical, computer, and organizational skills. Attention to detail, proficiency in word processing (Word, Excel) and file management skills is a must.
SUMMARY: Performs a variety of legal/administrative duties for attorney(s) to whom assigned according to established policies and procedures. Maintains positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff and observes confidentiality.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma and five to ten years of progressively responsible legal administrative experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office programs with speed and accuracy. Proficient with other office-related equipment.
BrownWinick Law Firm
Grand Avenue, Suite 2000
Des Moines, IA 50309
We are seeking a detail oriented, organized person for the position of legal secretary/assistant to attorney. Duties include transcription, handling of client files, scheduling, answering phones, assisting attorney in file management duties, and general office duties.
Vicki L. Stover
Deck & Deck, L.L.P.
505 - 5th Street, Suite 635
Sioux City, IA 51101
Fax: (712) 255-8463
Our client located in Rock Island, Illinois is seeking a Paralegal with 5+ years of transactional experience and real estate document experience to join its in-house team and assist attorneys by performing the following duties:
- Research and analyze law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes.
- Identify legal issues and investigate facts and relevant law associated with those issues.
- Resolve a wide range of legal questions under the direction of an attorney.
- Communicate with membership and responds to legal inquiries.
- Work with other company divisions and committees as authorized by General Counsel.
- Monitor legislation under the direction of an attorney.
- Prepare legal documents and agreements related to litigation and other matters under the direction of an attorney.
- Act as law librarian, keeping and monitoring online and hard copy legal volumes and ensuring both are up-to-date.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Remain responsible for departmental work flow efficiency.
- Advise on document retention and disaster recovery under direction of an attorney.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year College or university and paralegal certificate; or A.A. in paralegal studies with four years related experience and/or training in a law firm or fast-paced corporate environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software, Westlaw; Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Qualified applicants please submit resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
150 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60601
|Experienced Tax & Probate Paralegal
Bradley & Riley PC is looking for an experienced tax and probate paralegal to join our team in our Cedar Rapids office. This position will work directly with attorneys to support all aspects of estate and trust administration, preparation of estate tax returns, trust and estate accounting, and income tax issues and preparation. Ideal candidates will have 3+ years experience, be detail oriented and have a great work ethic. Please send your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Kandice Behnke, Executive Administrator at email@example.com.
Bradley & Riley PC
2007 1st Avenue SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Iowa City law firm seeks full-time legal assistant. Duties will focus on litigation support. Experience preferred; email cover letter and resume to Steven E. Ballard, Leff Law Firm.
Steven E. Ballard
Leff Law Firm, L.L.P.
222 South Linn Street
Iowa City, IA 52244-2447
The Transamerica companies offer a wide array of innovative financial services and products with a common purpose: to help individuals, families, and businesses build, protect and preserve their hard-earned assets. With more than a century of experience, we have built a strong reputation on solid management, sound decisions and consumer confidence. The Transamerica companies are wholly-owned subsidiaries of AEGON N.V., an international life insurance, pension, and asset management company based in The Hague, the Netherlands. AEGON has businesses in over twenty markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia serving over 40 million customers across the globe.For more information, visit www.transamerica.com.
Transamerica's Individual Savings & Retirement (IS&R) engages in the creation, distribution and servicing of mutual funds and variable and fixed annuities. These innovative solutions help consumers address their accumulation, protection and retirement income needs. Our products are distributed through banks, wirehouses, broker/dealers and institutional clients. IS&R is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Denver, Colorado; and St.
Petersburg, Florida. How to Apply: To apply for this position, please follow the online application process. Be sure to fully complete the form and include your resume. If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This position will be hired as either Intermediate or Senior Paralegal depending on candidate qualifications and business needs.
- Responsible for assisting with varied and more complex research activities, the execution of legal transactions and preparation and processing of legal documents.
- Performs legal assignments that are varied and more complex in character but usually involving relatively limited responsibilities. Work is subject to review by others.
- Investigates the law applicable to the situation.
- Makes basic decisions when presented with legal issues that have not been encountered. Supervisor approval will be required for other decisions.
- May have direct interaction with external clients, witnesses and outside counsel with supervision.
- Responsible for assisting with research activities, the execution of legal transactions and preparation and processing of legal documents of the most complex nature.
- Performs legal assignments that are varied and complex in nature that will require originality, ingenuity and high degree of technical skill.
- Works under minimum supervision of an attorney: assignments are spot-checked.
- Identify law and analyze application/compliance of the law.
- Direct interaction with external clients, witnesses and outside counsel.
- May supervise work of others.
- Presented with unusual legal issues or complex matters requiring research of project management and coordination.
- 3-5 years of paralegal experience. 2 years formal legal training or equivalent.
- 5+ years of paralegal experience. 2 years formal legal training or equivalent. Extensive knowledge of relevant area of responsibility.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company (Realty Advisors, LLC) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please inform the Human Resources department if you need assistance completing any forms, or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please follow the online application process.
Visit our website at www.transamerica.jobs and search for job number 130000J4. Be sure to fully complete the form and include your resume. If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.
Transamerica Life Insurance Company
4333 Edgewood Rd. NE
Cedar Rapids , IA 52499
Legal Support Staff Job
Openings - Employment Opportunities
Simpson, Jensen, Abels, Fischer & Bouslog, P.C. is a medium sized, A-rated law firm in need of a full time receptionist/legal secretary.
This position will be responsible for a wide range of receptionist and legal secretarial duties including answering phones, greeting clients, preparing correspondence and other legal documents, maintaining attorney calendars, organizing legal files, typing from dictation, handling mail and other
secretarial duties as assigned. Candidate must have excellent phone and
computer skills, including proficient knowledge of Microsoft applications is required, the ability to multi-task is a necessity. Reliability and professionalism are a must, along with an unwavering commitment to providing excellent service to our clients and fellow employees.
Salary negotiable depending on experience. Prior legal experience not required, but strongly preferred. If interested, please submit resume and references to:
Jack H. Pennington
Simpson, Jensen, Abels, Fischer & Bouslog, P.C.
604 Locust Street, Suite 222
Des Moines, Iowa 50309
Phone: (515) 288-5000
Fax: (515) 288-7718
The Hoefer Law Firm is a 3-attorney firm in downtown Iowa City practicing in the areas of Social Security Disability, Veterans'
Benefits and Workers' Compensation.
Full-time position: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00
Description of Duties:
- Answer a multi-line phone system
- Greet walk-in clients
- Sort mail
- Computer data entry
- Communicate with clients regarding their cases Assist mail clerks as needed with legal filing, mailing, scanning, copying, errand running (car not needed), miscellaneous tasks
- Strong communication, reading & writing skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively with people with disabilities, medical providers, other legal professionals
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and take direction
- Ability to work independently
- Interest and/or experience in law
- Receptionist experience
Competitive salary and benefits
Please submit cover letter and resume via email or mail.
Hoefer Law Firm PLLC
PO Box 2564
Iowa City, IA 52244
The Davis Brown Law Firm is looking for a full-time Information Technology Support person. This position will provide end-user support by solving day-to-day issues for attorneys and staff, assisting with IT training and general duties as required.
General duties include:
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve HelpDesk requests
- Assist with hardware/software implementations and upgrades
- Provide technology training in both individual and group settings
- Equipment setups/teardowns for meetings and trials
- Create and maintain user and instructional guides
- Computer imaging and reimaging
- Additional duties as required
- Two year degree in an IT related field or related experience
- Ability to work 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Strong consulting, communication and customer relations skills
- Must be comfortable training and presenting one-on-one and in group settings
- Solid work ethic and ability to work at a very fast pace with a high volume workload. The ability to handle multiple priorities and to successfully track deadlines while remaining professional is absolutely critical.
- Exceptional attendance and dependability.
Equal Employment Opportunity is both the policy and the practice of our firm and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Applicants should submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Summer Herring, Human Resources Director, at SummerHerring@davisbrownlaw.com.
Attorneys, if you are currently looking for
someone to fill a job opening in your office, please
send a request to IALA.
Find out how you can join our organization.
Return to Top